1 - The Mauritius Marathon – 14 July 2013
• First stage, from Le Morne to La Gaulette, we imagine the peace of mind and the art of living of the West; feel the spirit of the fishermen, the surfers and the other water sports fanatics.
• After 13 kilometers, you will reach the old Post Office (Grande Case Noyale) next to the sea before reaching the half turn situated at the 15KM point, from there you will be running towards the Morne Village 25KM point. On the way back, you will run on the left side of the mountain of Le Morne, cradle of rich historic past and of diverse legends.
• At the foot of the mountain, you will see the sails of Kite surfers and Windsurfers animating the sky not far from the magnificent Mauritian hotels.
• Passed this region, you begin to experience “The Great Wild South“ of the island. The coastal road which boards the blue lagoon brings you to the very authentic village of Baie du Cap with breathtaking landscapes. From there on not far from the road are virgin beaches with filaos.
• At each corner the course unveils sights which are spectacular: the Bel Ombre region, the Riviere des Galets beach and its hidden treasure of the Ilot Sanchot in the beautiful bay of Jacotet….All along you will be cheered and supported by locals of each village! - “Run, run, run!!”
• The last sprint to Saint Felix to finish on the beach and why not at the same time a well deserved swim in the lagoon! Mauritius Marathon is a very colourful race which combines a sport challenge and discovery of the natural and cultural heritage of Mauritius.
2 - Summary marathon
Date: Sunday the 14th of July 2013 from Le Morne Brabant beach
Departure time: 6h30 am
Length : 42,195 Kms
Logistics: Check points and Refreshments every +/- 5 kms
Maximum time: 6H
Finish line at Saint Felix Beach
Categories: Men / Women:
Veteran 1 (1973-1964)
Veteran 2 (1963-1954)
Veteran 3 (1953-1944)
Veteran 4 (1943->>)
FEES* Residents : Rs 1600 | Non Residents 60 €
Available until the 30 June 2013
3 - RACE PROFILE OF MARATHON 2013