RULES & REGULATIONS
Mauritius Marathon and Semi-Marathon / Family 10kms - 14 July 2013
A Rules and Application Procedures
1. The Mauritius Marathon and Semi-Marathon will take place on 14th July 2013. Both events are approved by the IAAF and AIMS.
2. The full Mauritius Marathon is a road race of 42,195kms starting from Le Morne Brabant beach to finish at Saint Felix. The race is opened to all license or not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the IAAF and AIMS. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form.
3. (i) The semi marathon is also a road race of 21,1kms on the same course as the 42,195kms starting at La Prairie - Baie du Cap to finish at St Felix. The race is opened to all license or not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the IAAF and AIMS. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form.
(ii) All participants aged under 18 years old to the semi-marathon and all over associated races held on the same day needs to send a written parental approval. By signing this parental approval, the parent accepts all responsibilities as if he/she was the participant.
4. By participating in the Marathon the runner agrees that he/she is not for any reason, including medical reasons, prohibited from taking part in the competition.
All participants must ensure they are fit enough to take part in the race. It is also recommended that any participant (especially those above the age of 40 years old) taking part in such an event for the first time should consult their Medical Practitioner.
5. Participant may download application form and all details from the website: www.mauritiusmarathon.com and the fully filled form shall be emailed or posted to Endurance Ltee, Impasse de La Foret, Chamouny, Mauritius.
A completed dossier should be sent via the website and include:
1. The fully completed registration form
2. The disclaimer form
3. Photocopy of ID or a scanned copy of passport
4. Fees paid in cash at our office or by credit card or cheque to the order of “Endurance Ltee” to be sent by post to:
Endurance Ltee – Impasse de La Foret – Chamouny – Mauritius.
Incomplete Dossier received after 30 June 2013 will be rejected.
Participation packs, including souvenir kit, participation number, will be collected from the office of Endurance on presentation of Identity Card, as from the 10th to the 12th July 2013 between 10H00 and 16H00 but please note that the venue can change. Non resident participants will receive their packs if asked by the participant to be delivered to their hotel room. All numbers allocated will not be changed.
No material will be sent by post.
6. Cancellation due to force majeure will not entail any refund.
7. No refund will be made if cancellation is made after 31 May 2013.
8. No participant shall be allowed to transfer his/her inscription and/or his/her number. The organisers will not approve or consider any departure from this rule.
9. The organizer reserves the right to alter the route of the Marathon and the Semi-Marathon and all associated events.
C. Race Management
10. (i) The Marathon will start at 6.30am on 14th July 2013 from Le Morne Brabant Beach. Participant will be allowed 6 hours to complete the race and reach the finish at Saint Felix.
(ii) The semi marathon will start at 7.00am on 14th July 2013 from La Prairie - Baie du Cap. Participant will be allowed 4 hours to complete the race and reach the finish at Saint Felix.
(iii) Participants shall follow strictly the designed route, markings and signs.
(iv) While it is expected that all participants will reach the finish between 11.00hrs and 12.30hrs the organization duties, obligations and liabilities will terminate after the arrival of the last follow up vehicle.
11. (i) All participants shall at all time wear their respective running numbers in such a way as to make it visual and verifiable at each stage of the Marathon. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the participant.
(ii) There shall be regular controls during the course of the Marathon and Semi Marathon to maintain rules and discipline.
12. Numbers shall be returned to the organizer for security and control of participants
in the following cases:
(ii) Exclusion/Disqualification for any reason;
Every 10kms a cut-off time will be showed and passed that time limit all participants will be disqualified.
failing which, the organiser will not be liable for any matter concerning the participant and the organiser may refuse the participant’s participation in any future Marathon.
13. (i) Each participant shall be responsible for his evaluation for personal water and foodstuff intake during the race.
(ii) Participant is strongly advised not to accept any provision outside specific supply point which will be set up at every +/- 5Km of the route. Any provision taken in default shall lead to disqualification.
14. (i) The police will ensure road safety.
(ii) First Aid will be present at each specified control postings and medical practitioners will be found all along the route, and they are empowered to prohibit any further continuation by a participant for any medical reasons.
(iii) Any participant who has abandoned or prevented from further participation shall leave the Marathon route.
15. The official Jury shall be composed of a Director of the Marathon whose decision shall be finale. He will be assisted by the personnel responsible at specific postings.
16. The Marathon will finish at St Felix Beach where areas for relaxation will be available and other facilities accessible at participants’ personal costs.
17. Ranking will be made according to age groups.
In the event of a dead heat the eldest over 18 years old and the youngest
under 18 years old in their respective age group will be given the better ranking.
18. Any claim or appeal shall be in writing and deposited at the desk found near the finish and same shall be done within 30 minutes of the posting of the provisional results. Decision of the Organising Committee shall be final.
19. In the event of deliberate alteration to markings or damage to any signs, caused by a participant the latter shall be disqualified. Person assisting participants should adhere strictly to rules of the competition and strictly respect all the control and directives, failing which, their participant will be disqualified.
20. Participants undertake:
(i) Not to threaten or insult any member of the Organising Committee and/or any member of the public and or any participant.
(ii) Not to commit any act tantamount to cheating before and/or during the race as to gain an advantage.
(iii) Not to anticipate the departure of the race as to gain an unfair advantage.
(iv) To run the full race before reaching the finish line, failing which the participant shall be disqualified.
21. No animal cycles, rollers, skates or motorised wheelchair or vehicle will be allowed to participate.
22. (i) The Organisers have arranged insurance cover for any civil liability that may arise against them and/or their preposés and the participants. Participant may ask for a copy of same.
(ii) Participants not in possession of insurance cover for personal injuries/damage may subscribe at their own cost to an insurance policy taken by the organiser. The cover for the participant shall be null and void if any of the rules of the event is not adhered to by the participant.
23. (i) The organiser will make proposal for packages for hotel accommodation, transfers and race participation.
(ii) The organiser will not be responsible in the event of any dispute arising between the hotels, all service providers and the client/participant.
24. By registering for the Marathon / Semi-Marathon / 10kms it is agreed and understood:
(i) that Participant accept all the rules and regulations set out above.
(ii) The organiser shall have all Rights to make use of any picture, visuals, films, etc otherwise regarding the race for promotional purposes.